Basilica San Fedele
Church modified along the centuries
The Basilica is located dowtown, in Piazza San Fedele that used to be place of the town cornmarket. The Basilica was probably built in 1120 on the ruins of a previous building. The construction was finished years later. Along the centuries the building was largely modified. In the 17th century the main nave changed into a barrel vault ceiling and side apsides were modified in the 16th century when some arcs were closed and replaced with paintings and stuccos. In 1805 the octagonal lantern was moved up. Between 1807 and 1808 the side chapels were built. Also, the church was restored in the beginning of the 21st century, especially the façade and the tower bell. Some people define this as a Neoromanesque church.
Via Vittorio Emanuele 94
Phone:+39 031 267295
More details (in Italian)
Every day 8am to noon and 3.30pm to 7pm