Santuario del Santissimo Crocifisso
The church of European pilgrims
The church was named Chiesa della Santissima Annunciata and built by canon Erasmo Campanacci in 1236, in an area that used to be a marsh. In 1399, some European pilgrims on their way back from Rome stopped here leaving the crucifix that had guided them in the pilgrimage. This is a Latin cross single nave church.
Viale Varese 23
Phone: +39 031 265180
More details (in Italian)
Weekdays: 6.30am to 11.45am and 3pm to 6.45pm
Weekends and holidays: 8am to 12.30pm and 3.30pm to 7.30pm