Villa Saporiti – La Rotonda
Villa that hosted Napoleon in 1797
It was built between 1790 and 1793 for marchioness Eleonora Villani. The villa belonged to Villani family till 1858 when it was sold to marquess Marcello Rocca Saporiti and named after him. Despite some late adjustments, the building keeps its original shape both in the structure and its spaces. The villa is a 2-floor building which is also known as "La Rotonda” (circle) as its central space is round. Many famous people were hosted here between the end of XVIII and the beginning of XIX century. Among them Napoleon who visited Como in 1797. In 1950 the villa was bought by the provincial administration that established its headquarters here.
Via Borgovico 148
Phone: +39 031 230111
More details (in Italian)
Tuesdays and Thursdays 10am-12.30pm and 14.30pm-5pm (through November 19)