Walls built in the 1st century
Town walls were built in the first half of the 1st century under Julius Caesar. They were destroyed in 1127 in the afterwards of the 10-year war with Milan. They were restored under Federico Barbarossa and modified in the following centuries. During the 1848 revolutions, they helped the city push the Austrian invaders away.
Viale Varese, Viale Carlo Cattaneo, Viale Cesare Battisti, via Nazario Sauro
Info-point Como, Via Albertolli - via Gobetti, phone: +39 031 304137