Basilica San Carpoforo
Church of the first Christian community in Como
The church was built at the end of 4th century, thanks to San Felice, first bishop of Como. The first Christian community in Como grew here. Around 724 Liutprando, King of Longobards, orded to expand the paleochristian building. After the 11th century the church was transformed: a bell tower was added and some new constructions were carried out by Benedictine monks and, later on, by Saint Girolamo devotees. In 1772, under Giuseppe II, the monastery was suppressed and the church became the parish church of the Camerlata area.
Via San Carpoforo
Phone:+39 031 520372
More details (in Italian)